Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Journey Begins

Okay, so I have always been very, very cheap. Recently, I have found that others are able to be even cheaper than I am. I am not sure how they do this, but I am on a journey to discover their secrets. This is a journal to record how and if I am able to do this. I have some goals:
1. Make a budget.
I currently budget $100 a week on groceries. After bills, I am left with about $200 a month. This is what I have left to buy gas, eat out, and pay for anything else that "comes up." We usually end up dipping into our savings at the end of the month and I'd like to to add to it instead of take out of it.
2. Only buy when it's a good deal.
(Never "run in" to a grocery store to grab one thing and come out with five more). This requires a stash in a pantry that I don't currently have. Food storage and emergency preparedness are important to me, but I have been waiting for a permanent residence. I have decided to wait no more.

I'm sure I'll add to this later but these are my starting points.


No comments:

Post a Comment